Monday, April 14, 2014

Insulation Day!

Insulation Day!!!

I am so happy to post these pictures. (I wish they were better). We decided on spray foam insulation since it would provide a higher R-value and we had so many cracks in the siding we decided this was the route to go. We are very happy with our decision. Just the sound difference is huge. I tried to take a few pictures while they were spaying this in....I quickly found out that it smelled really bad (think really strong paint fumes) Now I know why the guys had space suits on... pee eww!
This is one of the pictures I got while they were just starting to spray in the insulation.

You can see they don't spray all the way to the top to allow for the expansion.
 After they were all done I came in to take the after pictures. The smell was much better after they were done.
The stairwell all nice and insulated

Attic space!! So much quieter and warmer!

The boys room....

Upstairs front room

Kitchen...Check out those new walls!


Main floor, bay window room.


We are so excited to have insulation in after this winter. Too bad it's just in time for it to be warm outside. This is a great sign in the progress of the house. We have some plumbing and electrical to button up then it's on to drywall. Soooo looking forward to drywall. I have more to post so don't go too far....

No comments:

Post a Comment