Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hex Yes!!!!

Hexagon Floors!!!


You know this flooring used to be just about the only floor you could buy...now...you can't hardly find it anywhere!! I have been in many houses build in the early 1900's and they all had this simple hexagon tile floor. I LOVE it! So we decided it was the style we wanted for the bathrooms and laundry area of the house. I really like how it turned out.



Hexagon Tiles!!





The Mater Bath

I also painted this a grey since it has two big windows.

Laundry room ....




 Oh Yeah! Did I mention we finally got the 200 lb. monster hung? Obviously I still need to clean this sink but it is coming together. We just got the faucet a couple of days ago so I should be able to clean it soon



This will serve as a mud room/laundry room....essential when you have 3 kids!

Powder room that is adjacent to the laundry room

Kids bath upstairs..I used the same gray as the master bath


Kids bath...We started painting the trim white....It looks so clean.

We are getting really close to getting done!! I can't wait! 

Before I forget... The staircase railing

 

I have been looking for a newel post to match for like 6 months...Well it was finally time that I HAD to find something so I went back to the salvage store and dug...and dug... And I couldn't believe my eyes! I found a totally chipped, half eaten, looked like it had been stored outside, in really bad shape newel post... that was close enough!!!! So I grabbed it and asked how much? I laughed and said Ummm No....will you take half? They said yes!

Then I had to find a few other pieces for the stairs. I couldn't find anything that matched exactly. But I was able to come really close.
My salvage store finds!!

They don't match...but its close enough!
Here at the top of the stairs where the closet came out over, we need to replace the railing. We will use the ones I found at the salvage store up here and take the 2 up here that match and put them downstairs.


We also took the wood off the stairs that we had down to protect it. They are in pretty good shape.

Just starting on creating the bottom newel post and railing. 

Keep checking back!!! We are getting really close!

No comments:

Post a Comment